Brentford snapped their nine-game winless streak final weekend as they dispatched Norwich City 3-1. Christian Eriksen ran the present from midfield in his first begin for Thomas Frank’s facet and reassuringly performed the complete 90 minutes for his new membership.
It was a must-win sport for either side however the Bees have been those who grabbed the sport by the scruff of its neck. They will now face 18th-placed Burnley, who’re six factors behind them within the Premier League desk. But what’s essential to notice right here is that Sean Dyche’s males have two video games in hand over their Saturday opponents.
Brentford struggled within the opening section of the sport in opposition to Norwich City however Ivan Toney scored a hat-trick to place the sport to mattress earlier than the hour mark. The Canaries pulled one again in second-half stoppage time however it was all too little too late.
Brentford are set for a testing set of fixtures in opposition to the likes of Leicester, Chelsea, West Ham United, Tottenham Hotspur and Manchester United over the following six weeks. As such, the significance of a win on Saturday can’t be understated.
Meanwhile, Burnley journey to the Brentford Community Stadium on the again of successive defeats in opposition to Leicester City and Chelsea. They’ve conceded six objectives with out reply over these two video games. Burnley have been outplayed in all facets at Stamford Bridge final weekend.
They had simply 27% of the possession and struggled to conjure up something of observe in opposition to Thomas Tuchel’s males. They are only a level away from security however as we enter the house straight of the season, wins in video games reminiscent of these might show to be extraordinarily essential.
Burnley have been dealt a significant blow forward of the sport. Their captain Ben Mee has been dominated out of the crunch encounter as effectively after struggling a knee damage within the sport in opposition to Leicester.
This will undoubtedly be a fierce battle between two sides determined to remain afloat within the Premier League and whatever the final result, there will probably be loads for the neutrals to take pleasure in.
Brentford vs Burnley Head-to-Head and Key Numbers
- Brentford went undefeated of their first eight dwelling league conferences in opposition to Burnley between 1933 and 1936. However, they’ve since misplaced three of their final 4 at dwelling in opposition to their Saturday opponents.
- Brentford are winless of their final six league conferences with Burnley, dropping every of the final 4 in a row.
- Burnley gained the reverse fixture 3-1 and will probably be trying to full their first league double over the Bees for a second time of their historical past.
- Burnley have not misplaced any of their final 4 Premier League video games in London. They beat Fulham in May. They drew with Chelsea, Arsenal and Crystal Palace within the ongoing marketing campaign.
- Brentford had a run of eight league video games with out a win snapped in opposition to Norwich City final weekend as they gained the sport 3-1.
Brentford vs Burnley Prediction
Both Brentford and Burnley will probably be determined for a win right here. Neither group has been in good type however Brentford will hope to copy their heroics in opposition to Norwich City on Saturday in opposition to Burnley.
The Clarets have been lackluster of their final two outings however have been beginning to present indicators of life previous to that. Their losses got here in opposition to Leicester and Chelsea, two superior sides. They would possibly simply be capable of put one over on Brentford as a response is unquestionably due proper now.
Prediction: Brentford 1-2 Burnley
Brentford vs Burnley Betting Tips
Tip 1: Result – Brentford
Tip 2: Game to have over 2.5 objectives – Yes
Tip 3: Both groups to attain – Yes